Default Background/Append

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

dodyryda

Default Background/Append

Post by dodyryda »

Hi.. I've been looking for a pdf printer that does a background and append pdf option for yours for ages.. It looks ideal, but what I need is to save these as a default in the printer options, is there a way to do this as all my efforts have failed??

One other issue I have is the print dialog takes ages to appear, so long that it feels as though it will never print finally it comes up, but I'm talking about 20 secs or so.. This unfortunatley makes it albeit unusable. Is this normal? Other pdf printers I have used seem to print alot quicker with same ghostscript libary.. is there anything i can do to speed things up?

Thanks
jr
Site Admin

Re: Default Background/Append

Post by jr »

Hi

You can preset option if you run the options dialog from the start menu. With the current beta you can even define different option sets that you can choose from when you print.

About the load time then it is usually a lot faster. Is this the first time it loads or every time? It does not start to load before the printing application is finished spooling the print job.

Regards,
Jacob
dodyryda

Post by dodyryda »

thanks Jacob found these options now and pretty much doing what I want -- if only I can speed up the dreadfully long print times. It takes ages to get the save as dialog comparing with my other pdfs printers that I use pretty much 20 secs.. Once printing it does print but takes quite a bit longer than the others. they don't however have the handy append feature of bullzip..
planteg

Post by planteg »

Hi,

I just installed BullZip and came across this thread.

This is what I am looking for. I would like to add a background when I print invoices from accounting software. I thought I could set the the background file from the printing options. This way I would save the options in my accounting software and whenever I would print the correct background would appear. But there is no such parameter in the printing options. I read this post that stated you may define many option sets. My question is how may I automatically associate an option set specifically for printing invoices, without having to set the background each time - this way you may make a mistake.

Thanks