BullZip hangs AutoCAD

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

talter

BullZip hangs AutoCAD

Post by talter »

Hi,

Printing to PDF from AutoCAD VBA, CPU utilization goes to 100% and stays there, machine behaves as if hung up. Printing eventually completes but takes about 10 times as long as it should. This only happens on one machine.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might look for to get this fixed?

Thanks.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Hi,

Does it take 10 minutes after the PDF Printer dialog is shown or do you wait from you start the print in AutoCAD until the PDF Printer dialog shows?

Regards,
Jacob
talter

Post by talter »

Hello,

Well, I'm bypassing the PDF printer dialog altogether since the intention is to have a totally hands-off automated system.

I think that the longest wait is during the period after AutoCAD has spooled to the PDF printer, and the red PDF printer icon in the system tray is visible.

At this point the utilization is 100% and the machine appears to hang, but is just taking a very long time to generate the PDF.

Thanks for your response, I hope that you have some idea that could help me with this.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

When the CPU goes to 100% you can open the task manager and let me know which processes are consuming the CPU.

Regards,
Jacob
talter

It is acad.exe

Post by talter »

Hi Jacob,

I have checked and the process that is consuming the CPU is AutoCAD (acad.exe). If I stop that process the machine returns to normal.

Also I don't know if I mentioned this but the problem only happens on one machine I've tried which is at a client site. Other machines (mine for example) work fine.

Also I should mention that I tried printing to the Adobe driver and got the same problem on this one machine. So it seems to happen when generating PDFs in general, not only when using Bullzip.

Thanks for your help. I'm also working on this on the AutoCAD boards but without success.
advancedtsd

Post by advancedtsd »

i also use AutoCAD however, my issue is slightly different. i use mulitply tabs for my drawings and i was wondering if there was a way to print to 1 packet of pages instead of 10-15 different pages. it would be easier to upload and sizes and things if it was 1 package of pages. as far as the autocad hanging up it is mainly because the version of autocad you have needs more memory and resources. i dont have more than a 30 second lag on my system but my system is a tank. most of my pdfs i print are over 10 mb each.