Error 1020: Merge file <path/filename> was not found.

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

dudley

Error 1020: Merge file <path/filename> was not found.

Post by dudley »

I can't figure out what's wrong with the installation that is causing the following error message whenever I try to print to the Bullzip printer from Access 2003.

Here is the error message: An error occurred. Error 1020: Merge file <path/filename> was not found. Run converter to create PDF file.

Here is what I know about the context:
This is a problem at the site of a client who is using my Access database. Everything works fine on my computer and for everyone else who is using my db. I don't know where to look for the problem anymore.

Ghostscript v8.64 and Bullzip v6.0.0.766 are each installed on the c:\ drive of the user. (I made a big issue about making sure to install Ghostscript before installing Bullzip, so I believe it's been done properly.)
It is possible to print to the Bullzip printer from other programs on her machine and it works fine.
The user runs the Access file via a shortcut to a file on a networked drive.
I have code in my db that creates file paths and sets up a runonce file. The code seems to be running fine.

The runonce file on my machine looks like this:

[PDF Printer]
output=c:\LSP_Reports\LSP_CaseLoad_<date>.pdf
MergeFile=c:\LSP_Reports\LSP_CaseLoad_<date>.pdf
MergePosition=bottom
ConfirmOverwrite=no
ShowSaveAS=never
ShowSettings=never
ShowPDF=Yes
Target=printer
Title=LSP Scales Report
Subject=Report generated at 4/14/2009 2:03:39 PM
UseThumbs=no
Zoom=fitall

They haven't been able to find a runonce file on her machine. I have them trying again (stopping the code after the ".WriteSettings True" line and looking for it then), while I look here to see what I can find. I can't find any messages about "Error 1020" and other search terms I've tried haven't been fruitful. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
dudley

Re: Error 1020: Merge file <path/filename> was not found.

Post by dudley »

It turns out it was a version problem. I'm not sure what has changed between 5_0_0_609 and 6_0_0_766, but everything works fine once everybody is working under 5_0_0_609.