Way to know when Merge is finished?

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

dudley

Way to know when Merge is finished?

Post by dudley »

I'm working on a merge problem. I'm sending up to 43 single-page reports from Access to be merged in Bullzip. As the merge file gets bigger and bigger with each addition, the merge process takes longer to complete. By the time I get to the middle of the set of 43, I'm getting error messages about the merge file being open so I need to retry or cancel. I have the code set to wait until the runonce@.ini file has been removed, but that isn't doing it. I've added sleep cycles in Access between the print jobs and that fixes the problem, but the Access screen goes blank white during the sleeps, which is undesirable. Is there a way to check whether the Merge has finished before continuing on to print the next report/page?
dudley

Re: Way to know when Merge is finished?

Post by dudley »

How about a way to check the state of Bullzip then? When Bullzip tries to merge the new page with the prior pages, I get a window with the following message:

"Error copying PDF document to destination file. Please close the file 'path' if it is open and try again." There are RETRY and CANCEL buttons in the window.

Is there a way to somehow trap in the code for this error state?