Options > File Name does not work

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

adj7388

Options > File Name does not work

Post by adj7388 »

Setting a default filename and path in the Options dialog does not appear to work.

I have tried it both with and without macros (such as <desktop> etc). No matter what I enter in Options > File Name, the PDF file path suggested by Bullzip when I print does not match what's in the Options > File Name.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there any resolution?

A bit more info: I'm trying to put all my PDFs into a folder on the desktop, so I've tried entering this into Options > File Name:

C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Desktop\PDFs\MyFileName.pdf.

When I print a PDF, Bullzip suggests the path: C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Desktop\MyFileName.pdf <--- without the PDFs folder name

In fact, if I put "c:\MyFileName.pdf" in Options > File Name, I get the same result.

So Bullzip appears to be ignoring what is in Options > File Name, at least under all the circumstances I've tried.

Otherwise, BullZip is great! Thanks so much for releasing it a freeware.
michma

Re: Options > File Name does not work

Post by michma »

Hi,

Verify if "Remember last folder" is not checked in the Bullzip's options

Regards

Michel
michma

Post by michma »

Hi,

Are you sure that "Remember last folder" is not checked in Bullzip options ?

Regards

Michel
sashu100

Post by sashu100 »

Even i feel that you might have unchecked "Remember last folder" in the Bullzip's options........ check it.... issue will resolve
adj7388

Post by adj7388 »

"Remember last folder" does cause Bullzip to remember the last location used to save a PDF. But that seems to be a slightly different issue than creating a default location, as the "File name" box implies that it does. It seems unusual that you would have to check "Remember last folder" to get the default location to work properly. Oh, well. No big deal. Thanks again for Bullzip. It is very useful.