problem on citrix

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

grueninger

problem on citrix

Post by grueninger »

I installed bullzip 2.0.0.24 and ghostscript 8.54-x64 on a Windows Server 2003 SP1R2 x64 with multilanguage package (german and english are selected, german is default).
The system ist used as Terminal server in application mode with Citrix 4.5 Technical Preview.
The dialog for saving the file created (gui.exe) is shown only for administrators in the console ession and in ICA or RDP sessions.
Normal users don't get the dialog.
I checked with procmon of sysinternals. Gui.exe is not started when the print job is initiated by a normal user.
The idea of controlling the application with an ini file (settings.ini) which exists in just one version for the whole system can not work in a multi-user environment. The file and corresponding keys in the registry which are unique per print job and user must be in the temp or home of the user or in the HKCU branch respective.
Keys in HKLM may serve as global default which can be overwritten by corresponding keys in the HKCU.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

I have done some work to fix the concurrency issuse. Could you please check the latest version?

Regards,
Jacob
jesch

Post by jesch »

I installed bullzip 3.0.0.222 and ghostscript 8.56 on a Windows Server 2000 SP4 with Citrix PS 4.0 and I have the exact same problem.

Has somebody found a way to solve this?

Regards,
Jesper
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Hi Jesper,

Which one of the problems are you referring to? I have just released version 3.0.0.270. Could you try that one and get back to me with more details on the problem?

Regards,
Jacob
jesch

Post by jesch »

Hi Jacob,

Sorry for the missing discription....

I have installed bullzip and ghostscript on one of our Citrix servers.
It works just fine for the user (Administrator) I used for the installation but all other users (incl. users with admin rights) doesn't get the bullzip gui.
The problem still exists with version 3.0.0.270.

Regards,
Jesper