pdf2word "Gleitkommaüberlauf"

General discussion about the Bullzip web site.

Moderator: jr

Mojito

pdf2word "Gleitkommaüberlauf"

Post by Mojito »

Hello Everyone

I just bought the PDF2Word software. I tryed it out first with the trial version, worked perfect. Now i need to convert the hole PDF, but i get a "Gleitkommaüberlauf" Error. I admit the PDF is rather large (213pages) and has a lot of Images etc. But it worked fine with the trial version so...

Please don't ask me what "Gleitkommaübelauf" means in English... Litterly it means something like "floating Point Overflow"...

My System Specs are:
Win 7 64bit Prof.
I7 3770
8GB RAM
830 SSD
GTX640

Office Version is 2010.

I hope someone can help me out here.
Thanks
jr
Site Admin

Re: pdf2word "Gleitkommaüberlauf"

Post by jr »

Here are some hints for the error “Invalid floating-point operation” when converting from PDF to Word:

This error occurs very rarely, but, in this case, please alter the conversion mode of the PDF to Word converter from the standard setting ‘automatic conversion mode (default)’ to a user-defined mode!

It would be best to use the user-defined conversion with tabs here. After altering the conversion mode, please try to convert the PDF to Word again.

If necessary, you should alter further settings options on the ‘advanced settings’ tab if the problem occurs again. You can try to further specify the extraction options to exclude the incompatible content of the PDF document from the conversion during the PDF to Word transfer.
Mojito

Post by Mojito »

Hey JR

Thanks for the response. I tried to play around with the settings last night. The only thing it got working is if i uncheck the "Extract images". Which would not be a big problem if the pictures are missing.
But sadly some of the text layout is mixed up now. With some of the texts and letters scrambled all over the page. It is still better than nothing, but far from perfect. Too bad, would have expected more after the trial version which worked perfect...
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Some PDF documents are really bad suited for conversion. Another approach is to open the PDF file in Adobe Reader and print it to PDF via the Bullzip PDF Printer. Printing a PDF to PDF sometimes cleans it enough to undergo the conversion to Word. Let me know if that helps :-)

Regards,
Jacob
Mojito

Post by Mojito »

Could not Print the PDF as a PDF either, just gave me new errors...
I gave up in the meantime and used the results from the first try without the pictures. Not great but usable.
Just strange that it works fine with the trial version...
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Yes, that is strange. The trial version only converts the first 3 pages. The problem may be beyond page 3.

Regards,
Jacob