Printing from NETWORK SERVICE Account

About the programming interface for the virtual PDF printer driver.

Moderator: jr

caliban511

Printing from NETWORK SERVICE Account

Post by caliban511 »

We have a .NET Web Page which calls a small .exe on a server, which in turn is supposed to print a report to PDF. If we run the .exe it runs as whatever the logged in account is and the report prints to PDF just fine. However, if we use the Web page to trigger the .exe, the .exe runs under the NETWORK SERVICE account. The BullZip print spooler spools the print job, but doesn't create the PDF. I've read a ton of articles about copying registry keys, copying files, changing permissions, blah blah blah and nothing has helped. Has anyone encountered this issue and does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve it? Again, the print spooler shows the job spooling, but no PDF is ever created. It seems that there is some sort of file or registry disconnect, where the NETWORK SERVICE account isn't sure what to do with the PDF, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. Any help is greatly appreciated.
caliban511

Re: Printing from NETWORK SERVICE Account

Post by caliban511 »

After some testing and experimenting, we found that the BullZip PDF printer is successfully creating the post script file in C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp\BullZip\PDF Printer, however, the PDF never appears anywhere.

Does anyone have an insight as to what might be going on here? Even some info on what BullZip tries to do after the post script file is created would be very helpful.
mbrownkinn

Post by mbrownkinn »

Did anyone ever find a resolution to this? I am having exactly the same issue, can print directly in the program however when running through a service (API controlled) the print fails (or rather it just sits somewhere in the ether) if you then print something using the FILE>PRINT we have found it to then release the original service document..

Any help would be much appreciated.
ruiduarte_spec

Post by ruiduarte_spec »

I have a similar issue when i try to run bullzzip with IIS even with administration rights.
Did you solve your problem?
I would apreciate some help.
dsjordan

Post by dsjordan »

Did anyone ever have any luck getting the PDF to generate from the Microsoft Fax service? I saw several questions, but never found any answers. :(

Thanks!
saeedoo

Post by saeedoo »

HI
I have a similar issue when printing from service application .I disable dialogs .
thanks

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Bullzip PDF Printer" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>1</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-20T17:31:56.3861376Z" />
<EventRecordID>10</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Bullzip PDF Printer</Channel>
<Computer>SAEED-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>Abort mission because the user is not interactive and we are about to show a dialog.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
saeedoo

Post by saeedoo »

HI
I have a similar issue when printing from service application .I disable all dialogs .

Below is the message is see in windows event viewer :
'Abort mission because the user is not interactive and we are about to show a dialog.'

Thanks
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think this can give you some hints:

https://www.biopdf.com/guide/examples/p ... aspnet.php

Also, please try to use version 12.2. At the moment you must browse www.bullzip.com using the Edge or Firefox browser. Chrome is currently blocking version 12.2 for no obvious reason.

Regards,
Jacob
Regards,
Jacob