Programming interface for large PDF files on 64 bit system

About the programming interface for the virtual PDF printer driver.

Moderator: jr

sdmaha

Programming interface for large PDF files on 64 bit system

Post by sdmaha »

Hi,
We have a requirement where we have to print a PDF file using BullZip printer. The program worked fine for all PDFs as long as we were working on 32 bit dev machines, but now that we are trying to transition to a Prod machine, which is 64 bit, we are facing a strange issue.
The issue is when the BullZip PDF printer is printing large files, it stops abruptly after spooling around 120 pages only (does not depend on the size of the original PDF). At this point in time the Spooling size also crosses 512 MB. From what I remember the same PDF reached a maximum size of few 10s of MBs on 32 bit dev system. On both systems I am using Adobe Reader. Also the Spooling is a bit slow on the 64 bit systems.

Right now I am testing it on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine and using the C#.NET Programming Interface

Also, if I manually open the same PDF and try to print it (Ctrl + P) using BullZip printer it works fine and is able to print even if there are 1000 pages in the file, so the issue is somewhere with the programming interface only.

Please note that this issue is critical to be resolved or addressed, before we finalize on using BullZip printer for our application and start purchasing appropriate BioPDF licenses for it.
sdmaha

Re: Programming interface for large PDF files on 64 bit syst

Post by sdmaha »

Does any one has any updates on this issue?
Is anyone able to reproduce it with the environment I mentioned: Print a large PDF file of more than 200 pages on 64 bit Windows 7 and using C# .NET programming API?
If you are able to reproduce it, can we expect a fix for it? If yes, how long can it take?

Thanks!