Use Settings Program to specify output file?

About the programming interface for the virtual PDF printer driver.

Moderator: jr

emendelson

Use Settings Program to specify output file?

Post by emendelson »

I'm trying to setup BullZip PDF Printer so that it can do the following:

Use a Settings Program that I am writing that can read a text file to find a filename, and then use that filename (with a .pdf extension) as the name of the PDF output file.

I am not sure I understand the documentation. In settings.ini, should the line SettingsProgram= include both the program and a parameter, like this:

Code: Select all

SettingsProgram=c:\progra~1\bullzip\Pdfpri~1\prebull.exe c:\progra~1\bullzip\Pdfpri~1\output.ini
Or only the name of the program? If only the name of the program, then what file is given to the program as a parameter?

I have not been able to make any SettingsProgram= entry actually do anything. I have written a "hello world" program that runs as the AfterPrint program, but BullZip PDF Printer displays an "Error loading program" message before the "hello world" message actually appears.

Should the SettingsProgram modify settings.ini to specify the Output file? Or should it write an entirely different file?

Any help would be gratefully received!
emendelson

Post by emendelson »

More about this:

I've now rewritten my SettingsProgram program so that it uses the CONFIG program to change the Output= line in settings.ini. But the setting is not changed for the current PDF print job - only for the next one.

Is there a way of setting the output filename for the current print job by the use of the SettingsProgram?