Page margins

About the programming interface for the virtual PDF printer driver.

Moderator: jr

Pliny

Page margins

Post by Pliny »

In the older version of BullZip that we had (from about a year go), we were able to get the page top and left margins from Visual Basic 6.0 using the
Windows API GetDeviceCaps. Now, with the very latest version downloaded today, GetDeviceCaps returns 0. Is GetDeviceCaps no longer usable with BullZip, or does BullZip now come with default margins of 0? If the latter, can I set the margins somewhere?

Thanks!
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Hi,

The current version of the PDF Printer comes with a default margin of 0 (zero). It is correct that it has changed recently.

I don't know how you set a margin using the API calls. Maybe someone else reading this thread can give you some input.

Regards,
Jacob
Pliny

Page margins

Post by Pliny »

Thanks, jr, but then how do I change the default? The API would be a good place to do this.... I can't find anything about margins in the printer properties. Also, the quality of the PDF files produced by the new version is nowhere near as good as it was for the previous version, and I've tried all of the Target settings.
Pliny

Page margins

Post by Pliny »

PS. I guess that I should be more specific about what "old version" I'm referring to. It was 1.0.0.17. We have since gone back to it since it worked well and made nice PDF documents.