SettingsProgram setting applied after creating file?

About the programming interface for the virtual PDF printer driver.

Moderator: jr

emendelson

SettingsProgram setting applied after creating file?

Post by emendelson »

OK, I finally figured out that you send the SettingsProgram the parameter "C:\Program Files\BullZip\PDF Printer\temp\BullZip PDF Settings.ini' (or whatever the location might be), and that the settings program is supposed to modify that file.

So I wrote a program that reads a filename from inside a text file somewhere on my disk and adds that filename to the output= setting to the BullZip PDF Setting.ini file. This works successfully, but the SettingsProgram does not run until AFTER the driver asks me for a filename in the My Documents folder, so the output is not changed for the current file

Shouldn't the output= setting let me change the output for the current PDF file?

EDIT: I see that your documentation does not mention changing the output= setting, only the author, title, etc. Would this be possible in the next version?

Another question: is there a location where I can put the settings program so that it does NOT need a fully-qualified path? I would like to be able to put the SettingsProgram and AfterPrint program in a directory that you will look in first. Or perhaps you could let me use a variable, such as:

SettingsProgram=%bullzipdriverpath%\something.exe

Would this be possible?