Default Filename (Client)

About the programming interface for the virtual PDF printer driver.

Moderator: jr

rfry

Default Filename (Client)

Post by rfry »

Is it possible by setting a BullZip default to omit the client application from appearing with the filename, as automatically is generated for PDF files created by BullZip?

In other words, instead of seeing "Microsoft Word - XXX.doc.pdf" for the default filesave name I would like to see just "XXX.pdf."

If so, then how?

Many thanks...
adriank999

Re: Default Filename (Client)

Post by adriank999 »

[quote="rfry"]Is it possible by setting a BullZip default to omit the client application from appearing with the filename, as automatically is generated for PDF files created by BullZip?

In other words, instead of seeing "Microsoft Word - XXX.doc.pdf" for the default filesave name I would like to see just "XXX.pdf."

If so, then how?

Many thanks...[/quote]

I would also like to know how to change it, no matter what I select in the PDF File name options, e.g. <title> it gives me the full path name of the document e.g
C:\Documents and Settings\adrian\My Documents\1\Microsoft Word - Parish Council Planning Minutes Jan 2008.doc

Thanks
Adrian
sjuric

Post by sjuric »

How are you initiaing the print job, through Microsoft Word directly or are you using programmatic approach. If using the last one, you can specify the filename of the generated pdf file.
adriank999

Post by adriank999 »

[quote="sjuric"]How are you initiaing the print job, through Microsoft Word directly or are you using programmatic approach. If using the last one, you can specify the filename of the generated pdf file.[/quote]

within word select print and select bullzip printer
thanks

adrian