How to set the LastWrite Date/Time on .pdf file?

About the programming interface for the virtual PDF printer driver.

Moderator: jr

devashanti

How to set the LastWrite Date/Time on .pdf file?

Post by devashanti »

I have created a Visual Basic app that opens an Excel file saves the file's original name into a variable; parses the original file name; reads some info from the file; converts the Excel file into a .pdf file using the BullZip API; uses the parsed portion of the original file name along with the data extracted from the orginal Excel file to name the .pdf file as it copies it into a different directory. This all works as I want.

I need to also set the .pdf file's LastWriteTime to match the LastWriteTime of the original Excel file. I can easily get/set this date in VB with obj.LastWriteTime - but the way the code is written now - (partially done by another programmer not so easily available to me) the most convenient place to do this would with the BullZip myobject.SetValue() block of code. The problem is I can find no documentation about the SetValues.

I'm sure BullZip must have some setting that will set the file's last modified date, anyone have any idea what the syntax would be for that?
Osric

Re: How to set the LastWrite Date/Time on .pdf file?

Post by Osric »

Check this link http://www.biopdf.com/guide/settings.php for a description of SetValue