Terminal Server, Slow at printing

Installation and setup related issues.

Moderator: jr

TenderCorp

Terminal Server, Slow at printing

Post by TenderCorp »

I'm trying to automate the creations of an invoice as a PDF from our ERP system by using BullZip PDF.

I have this working fine on my local computer but when I try it on our Terminal Server it is very slow at printing and causes a time out on our ERP system. I have tried to send test pages to the printer and the options box takes a long time to open so you can input a file name.

I have tracked this down to some registry entries that if I delete the entries then BullZip works correctly.

The registry entries are:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices

If I remove all of the entries that have "(redirected XX)" where XX is a number then BullZip works correctly.
Once I remove the entries in the registry it works fine until the entries rebuild.

The Terminal Server is Windows Server 2008 32bit. Is there any way to fix this problem?
jr
Site Admin

Re: Terminal Server, Slow at printing

Post by jr »

Are you running the latest version of the printer? We fixed some issues related to this.

/Jacob
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Are you running the latest version of the printer? We fixed some issues related to this.

/Jacob
TenderCorp

Post by TenderCorp »

I have upgraded to the latest release which fixed the options box, this was very slow until the latest release.

I found that I had to use the SetPrinterName before I LoadSettings in the code that sets the options on the printers.

BullZipPDF.Init;
BullZipPDF.SetPrinterName('Bullzip PDF Printer');
BullZipPDF.LoadSettings;

Now I have an problem where our ERP software does not see the printer but all other windows programs do.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

What do you mean when you say that your ERP system doesn't see it?

Which ERP system do you use and which version?

Regards,
Jacob
Nattydee

Post by Nattydee »

I think, you have to first install the latest version and put more memory for your printer.