Cannot install in Vista: Error 0x00000bc8

Installation and setup related issues.

Moderator: jr

graybat

Cannot install in Vista: Error 0x00000bc8

Post by graybat »

I am unable to install this printer into Vista Home Premium. I receive the following message twice during the install process: Operation could not be completed (error )x00000bc8). Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package.

After receiving these 2 errors, the setup wizard completes, but no printer is installed. A BullZip Printer PORT is created, however.

I have followed the advice in a previous topic without success.... (I started a new topic mainly to provide a clearer subject line.)

1. Ghostscript 8.54 is installed
2. I am installing PDF Printer version 3.0.0.3113.
3. I cannot find or install an HP Colour Laserjet 2500 PS. I have tried to Add New Printer, looked in Windows Update for drivers, tried to browse my C:\Windows folder, gone to HP website looking for a Vista driver for this printer, but decided against trying the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - Postscript, and also decided not to install the XP driver pointed to in the other topic.
4. I HAD User Account Control turned off, but re-enabled it, restarted and tried the install again. Same errors.

Any more ideas, anyone?

Thanks!
graybat

Post by graybat »

Well..... I found a workaround....

I had already installed a Lexmark C530 PS3 printer from the Windows Update site, and was creating .ps files (then using Adobe Distiller to create the pdf - too complicated!). I find I can attach this printer to the BullZip pdf port, and it works fine if I then print to the Lexmark printer. (It does NOT work if I attach the printer to the Adobe PDF port!)

Hope this helps someone else!
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

It's great that you are up and running. Version 3.0.0.133 uses the Lexmark C510 PS (MS) printer instead of the HP Color LaserJet 2500 PS. It turned out that the HP printer driver created postscript codes incompatible with Ghostscript.

Regards,
Jacob
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Remarks

The latest findings regarding the following error:

Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000bc8). Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package.

This error can occur on Windows Vista when the driver cache is corrupted. The cache is a file called INFCACHE.1 and is located in the folder pointed to by the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath

Normally the location is C:\Windows\inf. You can try to delete the INFCACHE.1 file in this folder and run the setup program again.

Regards,
Jacob
fs3823

Install failure on Vista Home Premium

Post by fs3823 »

Had same problem installing Bullzip 4.0.463 on Vista Home Premium. Tried install multiple times with same result. Renamed INFCACHE.1, uninstalled then installed again. Worked fine.
sasha2009

Re: Cannot install in Vista: Error 0x00000bc8

Post by sasha2009 »

[quote="graybat"]I am unable to install this printer into Vista Home Premium. I receive the following message twice during the install process: Operation could not be completed (error )x00000bc8). Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package.

After receiving these 2 errors, the setup wizard completes, but no printer is installed. A BullZip Printer PORT is created, however.

I have followed the advice in a previous topic without success.... (I started a new topic mainly to provide a clearer subject line.)

1. Ghostscript 8.54 is installed
2. I am installing PDF Printer version 3.0.0.3113.
3. I cannot find or install an HP Colour Laserjet 2500 PS. I have tried to Add New Printer, looked in Windows Update for drivers, tried to browse my C:\Windows folder, gone to HP website looking for a Vista driver for this printer, but decided against trying the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - Postscript, and also decided not to install the XP driver pointed to in the other topic.
4. I HAD User Account Control turned off, but re-enabled it, restarted and tried the install again. Same errors.

Any more ideas, anyone?

Thanks![/quote]

You can install HP Colour Laserjet 2500 @@@PS@@@
version they are same.
Alex
http://www.soft-windows.com/