Error 339 on mscomctl.ocx component

Installation and setup related issues.

Moderator: jr

kalvin

Error 339 on mscomctl.ocx component

Post by kalvin »

Hi, I need your help... this is the problem:

I installed Bullzip on Vista Business 32 bit, the printer is ok, but when I try to print it appears this message:
Error 339 on mscomctl.ocx component or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I try to follow the procedure indicated (Type in a DOS box (Start->Run->cmd[enter]), or in the "Start Search" box in vista: regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx ), but obviously typing the name of my file, that is:
regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx
but a message appear (impossible to load c:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx ) and the problem still exist.

I checked in c:windows\system32 and I found mscomctl.ocx and mscomctl2.ocx files.

Thank you in advance
K
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

When using the /u with regsvr32 you will unregister the component. You should try without the /u to register it.

What is the version number of your mscomctl.ocx?

Regards,
Jacob
kalvin

Post by kalvin »

I tried without \u, but I got this message: "Impossible to load the modulus c:\windows\system32\mscmctl.ocx. Be sure that the binary file is archiviated in the directory indicated or do debug in order to check if the binary file or dll files have problems. Impossible to find the indicated modulus."

The version of my mscomctl.ocx (1.03MB) and mscomctl2.ocx (646kB)files is 6.1.97.82.
Both of them are in c:\windows\system32\mscmctl.ocx.

How can I proceed? I installed the same software in Vista home and it works well.

Thank you for your help.
Kalvin
jr
Site Admin

Re: Error 339 on mscomctl.ocx component

Post by jr »

This error can be caused by missing permissions on the file comdlg32.ocx and mscomctl.ocx in Windows\System32 (Windows\SysWOW64 on 64 bit systems). You should make this file inherit permissions from the parent folder or add read and execute permissions for normal users.

The next version (10.2) will make sure the security is setup correctly.

A thank you for the hint goes to Claus from Germany!

Regards,
Jacob