Win XP installation Issue

Installation and setup related issues.

Moderator: jr

Ernei

Win XP installation Issue

Post by Ernei »

Hi,
I am trying to install bullzip on my laptop. I get stuck when the install wizard asks for a missing file: APLWCSB1.PPD. I can no where find the missing file.
I have tried a file search of my local hard drives and the Win XP CD.

The installation also asks for a couple of files from the sercice pack 2, no problem.

The install finishes after I cancel the missing file request and opens the active printer window, but no pdf printer.

I did an internet search but came up empty for the file itself.

suggestions? help?[/b]
emendelson

Post by emendelson »

Strange that that file is absent - it's the descriptive file for the Apple Color LaserWriter that Bullzip uses as a "virtual" printer. You might try adding the Apple Color LaserWriter printer to your XP setup (use the Add Printer dialog in the Printer control panel), install Bullzip, and then remove the Apple LaserWriter.
raywood

Re: Win XP installation Issue

Post by raywood »

Trying to add the Apple Color LaserWriter just brings up a request for another unfound file: APLWCOB1.PPD.
chris.young

Post by chris.young »

Hi,
I'm having the same exact issue but for HP? When i run the install it downloads and installs ghostsript just fine. But after that the installer asks for HP_CLJ1.PPD, I found the file that i needed via the adobe site where you can get the Apple Color Laser Writer file. So when it asks i locate the file and it copies it and moves on, but then asks for HPCLJ.ICM ???? I have scouded the internet for this can't find it for the of me.

Things I've tried:
Installed a couple different printers
Installed Adobe Photscript
Installed HP Color Laser Writer
Not pulling my hair out!! LOL

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
pcourtney

Post by pcourtney »

you can go to the HP or Kodak, or Lexmark website and download any colour printer drivers/software

I did the following thing to correct this.:

1 - install any windows xp or vista color printer drivers
2 - go to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color\
3- in my case, the file was kodak_dc
4 - make a copy of this and put it in the Bullzip folder (Or anywhere you can remember)
5- rename this file as "HPCLJ.ICM" and another that is just HPCLJ without the filename extension
6- now select whichever one Bullzip prefers during the software driver installation.