Having TWO Bullzip Printers with Unique Names

Installation and setup related issues.

Moderator: jr

JZ SmartMort

Having TWO Bullzip Printers with Unique Names

Post by JZ SmartMort »

I am pasting a BATCH file below which will help you to run two (or more) BullZip printers with unique names. It took a lot of trial and error and hopefully the BullZip Team will incorporate some of my hacks into the actual product. The steps are below and they were tested on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2.

1. Create a new LOCAL printer and give it a desired name.
2. Select the Bullzip PDF Printer Port when asked to pick/create a port.
3. Select any printer driver, it doesn't matter because you're chaning it later.
4. Finish the Add Printer Wizard.
5. Copy the contents of the BATCH script below into a text file and give it a .BAT extension.
6. Run the file and it will ask you for the NAME of the new printer you specified in bullet #1.
7. When the script is finished it will tell you the next steps AND launch the new printer's properties so you can do the steps below.
8. Make sure to change the DRIVER on the Advanced tab to "Bullzip PDF Printer".
9. Verify on the PORTS tab that Bullzip PDF Printer Port is selected for this new printer.

Feel free to look at, modify, and suggest any changes for me. I am extremely thankful to the BullZip Team for giving us a superior product. I've used the competition's software for many years but after I found BullZip and the ability to automate the output to a folder w/o a prompt, I was sold and have been using it ever since. We appreciate the hard work and dedication that it takes to build and maintain this awesome tool that I constantly use.

THANK YOU!

----------------------------------START OF BATCH FILE, COPY THE BELOW-------------------------------------------------
@ECHO OFF
cls
ECHO.
SET /P PNAME=Please enter NEW Bullzip printer name:
IF "%PNAME%"=="" GOTO Error

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\%PNAME%" /ve > nul
IF %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 (
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\%PNAME%" /v "AppFolder" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files\Bullzip\PDF Printer" /F
xcopy /Y /E "%APPDATA%\PDF Writer\Bullzip PDF Printer" "%APPDATA%\PDF Writer\%PNAME%\"
GOTO Success
)
) ELSE (
ECHO.
ECHO New printer name not found.
ECHO.
PAUSE
GOTO End
)
GOTO End
:Error
ECHO You did not enter anything, exiting!
PAUSE
GOTO End
:Success
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO ------------------------------------------------------------
ECHO.
ECHO CHANGE THE DRIVER ON THE PRINTER TO BULLZIP ON ADVANCED TAB
ECHO.
ECHO Also verify that BULLZIP is specified on the PORTS tab
ECHO.
ECHO ------------------------------------------------------------
ECHO.
ECHO.
PAUSE
RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /p /n "%PNAME%"
GOTO End
:End
----------------------------------------------END OF BATCH FILE-----------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by JZ SmartMort on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jr
Site Admin

Re: Having TWO Bullzip Printers with Unique Names

Post by jr »

Hi JZ,

I'm impressed by your batch file skills. It is obvious that you know your way around Windows :-)

There is another option if you want to have multiple printers with different settings. Use the /PRINTERNAME on the command line for the setup program.

http://www.biopdf.com/guide/setup_comma ... itches.php

Try /PRINTERNAME="Printer A","Printer B"

Regards,
Jacob
JZ SmartMort

Re: Having TWO Bullzip Printers with Unique Names

Post by JZ SmartMort »

I take that back it does "kinda" work... it doesn't show up under Devices and Printers even after spooler restart and machine reboot... however I do see it in BullZip options and when actually printing a document, the second printer does show up in the list.

I guess I'd expect to see it just like I do the first printer --- when using that commandline option during installtion. With my batch file hack, I obviously see two printers under Devices and Printers because I'm forcing things but using passed parameters to the installer, the behavior/visibility of the second printer is different.

Thanks again for your hard work!