Printing web-pages makes blank PDF:s

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

bos

Printing web-pages makes blank PDF:s

Post by bos »

Installed the pdf-writer yesterday and it works for just about every applications, but not Mozilla Seamonkey. I can print web-pages from Internet Explorer and Chrome, but Seamonkey gives blank one page PDF-files. Printing to my laserprinter from Seamonkey works fine.

Why doesn't Seamonkey work with the pdf-writer?
mmgonzo

Re: Printing web-pages makes blank PDF:s

Post by mmgonzo »

I just started noticing this problem also. I have used Bullzip PDF Printer for nearly 3 years and was always able to print web pages from within Firefox; currently ver 3.6.13. This seems to have started 3 weeks ago. I can print from all other programs; but I get black pages from the web pages within Firefox.

Please help!!! Lost without being able to print directly from web pages. I can print to my laser printer but why then use a pdf printer.

the only thing different I did within the past month was install Nitro PDF; I usually use PDF-XChange Viewer, but XChange was blocked by my Comodo Firewall Defense+; now XChange Viewer working fine once set to allow thru Comodo Defense+. I have since uninstalled Nitro PDF; did not need an 80MB pdf viewer. One thing I noticed is that I could view the web pages printed with Bullzip using the Nitro PDF viewer; also was able to view pdf printed with Bullzip, from Thunderbird email client. Must be something with Mozilla products??? but the pdfs viewed with Nitro all had black borders; when I viewed with PDF XChange all I could see is a black page; very strange.

My system is WinXP SP3; 4GB RAM, AMD Athlon X2 dual core, Firefox 3.6.13 with NoScript ADBlock Plus Better Privacy & WOT.
PLEASE HELP US!!! Thanks for your prompt and kind response.
mmgonzo

Post by mmgonzo »

It took me a while to figure this one out. If you are using PDF-Xchange Viewer, you need to have Color Settings set to "Off", under Edit/Preferences/Color Management. This setting is for "Windows Color Management" only; whatever that means. Anyway, if Color Settings is off, then the printed web pages are viewed satisfactorily.

Hope this helps.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Thank you for the update :-)

/Jacob