Make the font size larger

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

prr

Make the font size larger

Post by prr »

I just started using Bullzip, and like it so far (the PDF Printer). I find, though, that the docs that it creates have a pretty small print. Is there any way for me to adjust the font size?
jr
Site Admin

Re: Make the font size larger

Post by jr »

Hi,

The font size must be set by the printing program. The font in the created PDF document should be similar to what you see when you print to paper.

/Jacob
J. Till

Post by J. Till »

Prr, this is in addition to what Jacob said above.

If you are seeing small font size on printed paper, you should be aware that most pdf readers (such as Adobe Reader, Foxit, and others) have an option to scale the pdf output to fit on the paper.
1. In the print options of the pdf reader program look for an option that says something like "scale output..." and change that to no scaling.
2. Make sure that your original document has enough margin size so that printing with no scaled output will be ok on different printers. You may need more than the minimum half inch margins.
3. Make sure that the paper size of the original document is the correct (same) size as the paper you are using.

If you are seeing small font size on the screen:
1. The size of the pdf can always be adjusted on screen by the user.
2. The opening viewing style can be specified in the Document tab of Bullzip.
uncadunc1

Post by uncadunc1 »

It's not the font size - that's just the appearance. Bullzip prints everything at 56% scale. Yes, you can then zoom when you read such a document on your reader, but why not just print it at 100% size to begin with? I'll search further here to see if any answers are available.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Still sounds strange :-)

Did you try to download the latest version and reinstall it. A fresh installation will reset any funny saved settings.

Regards,
Jacob