Save as Folder/Name does not Show in Settings Dialog

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

arc1950

Save as Folder/Name does not Show in Settings Dialog

Post by arc1950 »

I am using Windows 7, Bullzip PDF Printer 7.2.0.1340 and GPL Ghostscript Lite 8.70

I have set options to Always show "Save As" and Always show Setting. When I print a document the Save As dialog displays but when the Settings dialog display it does not show folder or file name I have entered, it shows the previous folder and file name I used. I have tried it with "Remember Last Fold" and "Remember Last File" checked and unchecked, it makes no difference.

I have been using Bullzip PDF Printer for many years and this has never been a problem in previous versions.

Is anyone else having this problem?
timritter1

Re: Save as Folder/Name does not Show in Settings Dialog

Post by timritter1 »

I don't see any replies here, so I hope somebody has an answer. I have used Bullzip for years across several systems and with many other users, and always use the Save As box with the option to have it pop up automatically first. Just lately I am experiencing the same issue as mentioned above. Whatever file name I type into the Save As dialog is not retained after clicking Save and going to the Bullzip options dialog. I have 'misplaced' a number of files due to this ending up saving in the wrong location, wrong name, or worse - overwriting inadvertently a different file than the name I had typed in to save it as. I hope somebody has an answer/fix for this, it's a real nuisance to an otherwise fine program!
evanjones246

Re: Save as Folder/Name does not Show in Settings Dialog

Post by evanjones246 »

I am having the same issue, and I would like to know if you figured out some troubleshooting, or a good work around here. Any advice or insight would per berfect! Thanks a lot in advance. :)
arc1950 wrote:
> I am using Windows 7, Bullzip PDF Printer 7.2.0.1340 and GPL Ghostscript
> Lite 8.70
>
> I have set options to Always show "Save As" and Always show
> Setting. When I print a document the Save As dialog displays but when the
> Settings dialog display it does not show folder or file name I have
> entered, it shows the previous folder and file name I used. I have tried it
> with "Remember Last Fold" and "Remember Last File"
> checked and unchecked, it makes no difference.

> I have been using Bullzip PDF Printer for many years and this has never
> been a problem in previous versions.
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?