PDF Image with no Text (Cannot Highlight Text)

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

amycjgrace

PDF Image with no Text (Cannot Highlight Text)

Post by amycjgrace »

I've seen similar posts concerning this issue, but none truly resolved the issue. I've installed Bullzip PDF on multiple systems for several years. I've recently purchased a new laptop, installed Bullzip PDF, and begun printing several documents. I didn't, at first, notice anything different with the installation on this computer, until today, when I attempted to highlight, and copy text from a document that I had printed using Bullzip PDF. Unlike those printed from any of my other computers, those printed on my new system will not highlight text. Those printed on my last laptop, for instance, have highlightable text. Links are even preserved on PDFs printed on my other computers. For some reason, on my new system, all documents print as images regardless of whether or not text is present. Any thoughts as to why? Is the the default setting for Bullzip? Is it possible that I had installed another program on my other computers that would have allowed Bullzip to automatically print searchable, text containing documents? I'm at a loss here really since I've installed it on at least four other systems that I have confirmed print text as text. It's only on this new laptop that Bullzip prints the whole document as an image.
kathelyna

Re: PDF Image with no Text (Cannot Highlight Text)

Post by kathelyna »

Hello,

If you have Mozilla Firefox 4 and Seven on your laptop, it's because of the graphics acceleration on Seven. This is not due to Bullzip. Meanwhile Mozilla version 5 which fixes this bug, disable graphics acceleration :
Firefox button or menu Tools> Options> Advanced> General tab> under "Navigation"> uncheck "Use hardware acceleration if available".
Or go to the Mozilla version 3 or 5(beta).
kathelyna

Post by kathelyna »

Hello,
What is your browser and your operating system on your new laptop ?
amycjgrace

Post by amycjgrace »

kathelyna wrote:
> Hello,
> What is your browser and your operating system on your new laptop ?

My laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). My main browser is Firefox 4.01. However, there are several issues about this setup that make me believe that the OS and browser may not be the issue (though it still could be). First, it doesn't matter what program I attempt to print from (i.e. open office, Word, WordPerfect, IE, Firefox), I always get the pdf as an image and not text. Second, I have other systems that have the exact same setup, yet, they make pdfs with highlightable text as expected. Does Bullzip use some functionality from the main web browser? My older systems all had Firefox 3.xx installed, and were then upgraded. Would this be part of the issue? My other question is whether or not the fact that this computer uses nVidia optimus (moving between the built in Intel graphics based on the Sandy Bridge chip, and an nVidia GeForce GT 555M graphics card) for graphics if that would have something to do with the issue I'm noticing? Thanks.
naginata

Post by naginata »

I think I have the same problem with you, only that I cannot highlight text from pdf that I printed via Google chrome, I only got pdf image, which is almost useless. I have no problem with the pdf files printed from MS Word or Opera. Some issues with my Google Chrome browser, probably? Any assistance will be appreciated, thanks.
Carol.R

Post by Carol.R »

kathelyna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If you have Mozilla Firefox 4 and Seven on your laptop, it's because of the graphics
> acceleration on Seven. This is not due to Bullzip. Meanwhile Mozilla version 5 which
> fixes this bug, disable graphics acceleration :
> Firefox button or menu Tools> Options> Advanced> General tab> under
> "Navigation"> uncheck "Use hardware acceleration if
> available".
> Or go to the Mozilla version 3 or 5(beta).

I did that. Later I uninstall Firefox and even restored my machine but nothing works.

Anyone can help, plzzzzzzzzzzzz
admin

Post by admin »

In the current version of Chrome I can fix that problem by clicking "Print using system dialog..." in the printer dialog.