No page numbers displaying - DSC

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

Parchman

No page numbers displaying - DSC

Post by Parchman »

I have an issue where when I pull up a post script file which multiple pages, in Ghost Viewer I can move forward to the next page but when I try to go back to the previous page it says no page numbers are available. Also, if I click File >Info it says no page numbers. I've researched this issue and from what I can tell based on the Ghostviewer website, that these post script files are missing DSC (Document Structuring Conventions). So, the current work around I use is to convert the files to PDF in GhostViewer, then open the converted PDF document, and then I can see the page numbers in Ghost Viewer, apparently because Adobe adds the DSC when it gets converted. My question is, is there an alternative resolution aside from converting to PDF then opening the converted PDF. It sounds like a bug with GhostScript or Viewer, I guess you can argue that it's not a bug and the issue is the post script file I'm loading. But, I figured someone else may have run into this issue and it seems it would make sense if perhaps this issue was fixed in a future release of GS/GV, anyone have anything to elaborate, it would be greatly appreciated!

I found information on this issue @ http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/gsviewen.htm