"Save As" Dialog Dir & Filename Changes Ignored!

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

twokatmew

"Save As" Dialog Dir & Filename Changes Ignored!

Post by twokatmew »

I've been using Bullzip for a long time with great results. After upgrading to v7.2.0.1317, however, I find that when I modify the directory and file names in the "save as" dialog, Bullzip ignores those changes, and I have to again modify the filespec in the "Create File" dialog. This did not happen in versions prior to 7.2.0.1317, and I'm still getting this same behavior now that I've upgraded to v7.2.0.1319.

Sadly I've been able to duplicate this behavior on two different Win7 SP1 x64 machines.

Can anyone help with this? TIA!
timritter1

Re: "Save As" Dialog Dir & Filename Changes Ignored!

Post by timritter1 »

Posted this elsewhere also, from a similar issue posted in April on another thread. I am also experiencing this same issue. Any resolution to it? I have it occuring on 2 different Win7 machines also, one 64 bit, the other not.
larzsubscribe

Post by larzsubscribe »

I had posted a similar issue, with the "Save As" dialog box opening before the "Create File" box.

I found a solution.
1. Open the "Settings.ini" file with Notepad, found in my Windows 7, 32 bit at C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\PDF Writer\Bullzip PDF Printer folder.
2. Go to 8th line under [PDF Printer], which probably says "showsaveas=always"
3. In that line, change the word "always" to "never".
4. Save the Settings.ini file.

next time you click the Print button or press ctrl+p, the Bullzip "Create file" dialog box should open first. Assuming you want to change the file name and/or folder it's stored in, click the little button on right side of the File Name box, the one marked "...". The "Save As" dialog will open. After making changes to folder and/or file name, and clicking the "Save" button, the "Create File" box will reopen with the correct path and file name.

I am surprised noone has answered this and similar questions lo these many months.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

The value in the settings.ini file can also be changed throung the Options dialog in the start menu.
marcelolmo

Post by marcelolmo »

Hi guys,

anybody knows if with the new release (feb '13) that bug was fixed???

Many thanks in advance!!

Regards, Marcel.