Printing from SQL Agent not working

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

rebecca

Printing from SQL Agent not working

Post by rebecca »

I have a job that converts Word documents to PDF. It's set up as a scheduled job in SQL Agent that calls some .NET code to do the actual conversion. I've tried this with BullZip 1.0.0.18 and with 3.0.0.129. I've actually had more success with 1.0.0.18 on the Windows 2000 machine I'm using.

I've got the output file set up, and can print from Word to the file with no problems. I can also convert documents from a test .NET application that I run via the command line -- it wors every time. However, when I run the job through SQL agent, I see the document appear in the queue and then disappear from the queue, but the PDF is never created.

Someone posted earlier in this forum about fixing another problem by moving GhostScript out of Program Files and into a location like c:\gs. I tried that, as well, and it still isn't working.

The Event Viewer shows this when it tries to print: "Document 12, <document title> owned by SYSTEM was printed on BullZip PDF Printer via port C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\My Documents\Printer. Size in bytes: 0; pages printed: 1"

But the file is completely missing! Gah!

Has anybody run into a similar issue? Any help would be most appreciated!
rebecca

Post by rebecca »

Oh yes, one more note: These problems are occurring on our staging server. I can run the job through SQL Agent on my development machine with no problems. The only difference I know of between the two is that my local machine is running Windows 2003.