Geat program but not able to use CONFIG to save settings.ini

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

Svperstar

Geat program but not able to use CONFIG to save settings.ini

Post by Svperstar »

First lemme say this is an awesome program a lot more functional then programs that cost $100+.

I have to convert a large amount of word documents to .jpg in order to upload them to a site.

I have BullZip set as Default printer and its nice I can simply select a ton of documents, right click, hit print, and have it process.

The problem is if I select a large amount of documents it gives me the popup window every time asking me where I would like to save, file type, DPI for the jpgs etc.

I want every single file to simply convert and store in C:\Output Files\. JPG format, same file name as the word cept .jpg, and at 300 dpi.

I'm aware of this page and its settings:
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf2/doc/info.php

First off the DataApp section wasnt even in the registry, nor was there a \data\ folder and no setting.ini, I had to manually create them.

I tried making a settings.ini and copy and pasting the example I linked above:
[PDF Settings]
Title=Registry Editor
Creator=PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2
Author=jr
Output=c:\test.pdf

However the program seemed to ignore it and did not create a test.pdf from the document.

What am I missing here?

Running Windows 7 64-bit
Svperstar

Re: Geat program but not able to use CONFIG to save settings

Post by Svperstar »

So I told BullZip not to show me the save as dialog, set it to never, and it still does it anyway.

I had to click the Save button 252 times(thats the number of documents I converted)

Anyone know why it is still showing me that dialog when I want it to be automatic?
alx

Re: Geat program but not able to use CONFIG to save settings

Post by alx »

Hello sirs,
I have similar problem on Win 7 64, namely dialog "Bullzip PDF Printer - Create File" is always displayed despite I set autosave.ini as stated on http://www.biopdf.com/guide/how_to_hide ... dialog.php
[PDF Printer]
output=c:\test.pdf
ShowSettings=never
ShowSaveAS=never
ShowProgress=no
ShowProgressFinished=no
ShowPDF=no
ConfirmOverwrite=no

I'll appreciate if anyone point me what I missed. I've also tryed some variations of output parameter with macros but without luck.