Share Printer

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

CougarDave

Share Printer

Post by CougarDave »

I would like to give all users on my network the ability to print to this PDF printer, but rather than install Ghostscript and BullZip PDF Printer on every machine, I would like to simply share the PDF Printer.

I tried this technique using the Amyuni PDF program and it worked great - the dialog that appeared to ask where to save the PDF file would appear correctly on the users local PC. However, with this BullZip PDF printer, the dialog "sort of" appears on the PC that is sharing the printer, not the one that submitted the print job. I installed GS and BullZip on a Windows Server 2003 machine. It works great as long as I print from that PC. When I connected to the shared printer from a Windows XP SP2 box and it mapped ok. I sent a test page, I see it in the spool, but nothing appears on the XP machine. However, on the server I see the outlines of the PDF save dialog but the "innards" of the screen aren't there. Since I know where the save filename textbox exists, I clicked there, typed "C:\Test.pdf" and hit Enter and sure enough, the PDF was saved at the root of the C: drive on the server machine...

Any way to have the save dialog appear on the users PC instead of on the server? If so, this product would be exactly what I'm looking for...
CaseMonster

Re: Share Printer

Post by CaseMonster »

Create a "global.ini" in the same directory as the gui.exe
search the forums for more information, sorry for the late delay
jr
Site Admin

Re: Share Printer

Post by jr »