Error 1008

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

J Brookman

Error 1008

Post by J Brookman »

Since recently installing Bullzip PDF Printer version 3.0.270 I have printed PDFs of AutoCAD drawings mainly successfully but some more complex drawings result in the message 'error 1008, Ghostscript timed out'. The PDF Printer user guide refers to altering the setting 'GhostscriptTimeout' but I can't figure out how to do that. The settings.ini file does not include the GhostscriptTimeout variable.

Can anyone tell me in simple terms how to increase the timeout value from the default please? Thanks.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

You have to add the line to the settings.ini manually.

GhostscriptTimeout=600

This will give you 600 seconds timeout, which is equal to 10 minutes.

Regards,
Jacob
J Brookman

Post by J Brookman »

Thanks for that Jacob. Have followed your advice and the bigger files now print to PDF OK.

Bullzip is just so much easier to use than AutoCAD's method of creating PDFs. Many thanks.

Jim
fariba.yousefi

Error 1008, Ghost script timed out!

Post by fariba.yousefi »

hello dear,

I want to make my word document in to pdf file, but from yesterday it gives me an Error message"Error 1008, Ghost script timed out!"
in your post I saw you have said that manually write ghostscript=600 in setting.ini,
I have done this too but now I don't have an error message but also I can't make my word document in to pdf!!!
what should I do now?
fariba.yousefi

Error 1008, Ghost script timed out!

Post by fariba.yousefi »

hello dear,

I want to make my word document in to pdf file, but from yesterday it gives me an Error message"Error 1008, Ghost script timed out!"
in your post I saw you have said that manually write
GhostscriptTimeout=600 in setting.ini,
I have done this too but now I don't have an error message but also I can't make my word document in to pdf!!!
what should I do now?
darling

Re: Error 1008

Post by darling »

hey guys.

same problem here, with one exception.

i cant find a setting.ini within the bullzip folder?

so what can i do to avoid getting the message 'error 1008, Ghostscript timed out'?

thx.
skofolo

Post by skofolo »

HI all,

I also have problem with locating ini file. I have version 7.1.xx. There is no such file. I scanned all c: drive for *.ini and no one is related with bullzip.
marinetuner

Post by marinetuner »

A little late but here is what I did to fix it....

1. Open notepad

2. put

[PDF Printer]
; Set Ghostscript timeout to 100 minutes
GhostscriptTimeout=6000

in the body, the spacing has to line up or is wont work. I had to manually add the spacing to make it work.

3. Save as global.ini (be sure to save it someplace easy to remember.)

4. go to C:\ProgramData\PDF Writer\Bullzip PDF Printer (note: you will need to have hidden files shown)

5. Place the global.ini file you just created into the folder. Mine was empty.

Now you should be able to print without the time out. Hope this helps.
Parchman

Post by Parchman »

I just wanted to say thank you this is definitely the fix for users on Windows7!
epto

Post by epto »

marinetuner wrote:
> A little late but here is what I did to fix it....
{snip}

Imarinetuner I've just created an account here especially to say thanks for posting this, since moving to W7 64 I've had nothing but pain trying to print PDFs, as I could never find Bullzip's .ini file to edit the timeout, and I've spent hours trawling the Internet and searching my HD; now I know why, and now it's fixed, thanks again.