Large graphics output produces PDF with first page only

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

emendelson

Large graphics output produces PDF with first page only

Post by emendelson »

I've come across a problem that may be Ghostscript-related, because it occurs in BullZip PDF Printer and also in PrimoPDF (which I like a lot less, but which is somewhat similar).

WordPerfect for DOS 6.x has an option to print fonts graphically (as bitmap images) instead of as ordinary text. If this option is used by mistake in a multipage file, and the PS output is sent to BullZIP PDF Printer (or Primo PDF) then two PDFs are created: one with the first page of the document, the other with nothing. I wonder if this is a Ghostscript bug or a problem that could be solved by changing the command line passed to Ghostscript? I could send a copy of the problematic PS output file if you want.
jr
Site Admin

WordPerfect graphics

Post by jr »

Yes. Let me have a look at it. But you are probably right about where the problem is located.

Jacob
emendelson

Post by emendelson »

Will send this with further comments by e-mail. Thanks.
emendelson

Post by emendelson »

I figured out that this seems to have been a problem in the way I was printing the file from WordPerfect - I was using a macro that first used your CONFIG program to send an output file setting, then printed the document from WP to the PDF Printer, then used your CONFIG again to remove the output setting - but I was changing the setting too soon, before the Ghostscript processing was complete.

So this is NOT a Bullzip PDF printer problem. (I can't figure out how I got the same problem with PrimoPDF, though - maybe a different problem with PrimoPDF?)

I need to experiment with using your post-printing option to remove the output setting rather than have my WP macro do it.