Stamp doesn't always hide the image below

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

AlanCossey

Stamp doesn't always hide the image below

Post by AlanCossey »

I have a 49 page PDF which has an image in the top right corner where I wish to overwrite that image with a second image. I can do this using Merge and a 2nd PDF containing just the new image in the top right corner and treating this 2nd PDF as a stamp. It works OK, but when I scroll quickly through the resulting new PDF every so often the *original* image appears briefly. If I scroll through the whole new PDF the old image flickers up about 5 times. I can get round this by creating a hi-res TIF file (using Merge and the 2nd PDF, but outputting to a TIF file rather than to a new PDF file) and then creating the final PDF from that TIF file, but it is a bit of a palaver and the person who will be doing this will get in a muddle doing this. Is there any way of "flattening" a PDF directly and not having to go via an intermediate TIF file?

To sum up.

Flickering result: (Original PDF with old image) merged with (2nd PDF with desired image) using 2nd PDF as a stamp ---> Final PDF
Non-flickering, but more complicated: (Original PDF with old image) merged with (2nd PDF with desired image) using 2nd PDF as a stamp ---> TIF then print using Bullzip to Final PDF

I'm currently using version 10.1.0.1871, but could update to 11.6.0.2714 if I need to. If I can get to create a non-flickering final PDF in one step, I intend to automate it using VBA, but would be very happy to do this manually and get the customer going manually (using one step).

Many thanks,

Alan Cossey