Several PDF printing at the same time

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

calvarezb

Several PDF printing at the same time

Post by calvarezb »

Hello,

I have 3 documents that are printed one after another and must be merged to create a single PDF file.
The problem is that while BullZip is processing the first one it comes the other and also the last one and the first PDF file has not been created yet so BullZip overwrites files instead of combining them.
I need to tell BullZip to generate the PDF sequentially, so that I join the three files into one.
Is this possible?

Thank you in advance
rwilliams

Re: Several PDF printing at the same time

Post by rwilliams »

I have a problem with the exact same symptoms on a larger scale. I tracked down the cause but I only have half a solution.

We are printing medical records. If I tell my application to print the entire chart it (it could be 70+ documents each multi page) it sends all of the documents, one at a time, to the printer as fast as it pulls them up. After the first document, is saved it tries to merge the second document with the first. In the mean time the third document is printing and it grabs the first document and tries to merg itself with it. This snowballs. I had a 26 page document that printed out only 8 of the pages because they all hit the spooler at the same time.

There needs to be a way to hold the spooler back from sending the next file while the application is still working on the last file.

I ended up switching my application to print different files using the <guid> tag so they were each unique.
jr
Site Admin

Re: Several PDF printing at the same time

Post by jr »