Error 1007 for BullZIP 6.0.0.690

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

tlvp

Error 1007 for BullZIP 6.0.0.690

Post by tlvp »

[attachment=0]BullZipError.png[/attachment]Attempting to print one particular Opera 9.63 web page with BullZIP 6.0.0.690 (under Windows Vista Home Premium, SP 1), I got no PDF output, but an error message from "BullZIP PDF Printer" stating:

| An error occurred.
|
| Error 1007: An error occurred while running Ghostscript.
|
| Error: /undefined in eCOST.com

Note that "eCOST.com" was the host of the web page I was trying to print. Other web pages, and everything else I've sought to print with BullZIP PDF printer, have come out flawlessly.

Further details in the attached .PNG file, screen-scrape of the error message.
My gslite (version *not( specified) has the following attributes:

08/01/2008 11:34 AM 147,456 gswin32c.exe

Since then, I've upgraded BullZIP PDF Printer to version 6.0.0.725, but have not yet had a chance to see whether this problem is solved, or will recur.

Comments?
tlvp

Re: Error 1007 for BullZIP 6.0.0.690

Post by tlvp »

Alas, BullZIP PDF Printer v 6.0.0.725 exhibits the same behavior as reported for 6.0.0.690.

The offending, unprintable web page has URL (where an email address appears at the end, munged in this transcription):

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=43 ... ail@munged .

Same 1007 error, as depicted in the following PNG snapshot of the error pop-up. Help? Thanks! -- tlvp
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

I have tried to print the page from both IE and Firefox. None of these had any problems on my Vista. Can you confirm that only Opera is causing the problem? I don't have Opera installed at the moment.

Regards,
Jacob
tlvp

Post by tlvp »

You were quite right, jr, in asking whether "... only Opera is causing the problem ..." -- I just fired up IE 7 (on the same Vista machine where Opera/BullZIP had problems), and BullZIP 6.0.0.725 printed that page just fine. [FWIW, BullZIP has printed, with no difficulty, many other pages opened in Opera.]

Looks like an incompatibility of some sort, either with Opera, or perhaps with one of the ActiveX or JScripts that the page in question loads and runs. Bug in Opera? Mere "incompatibility" between BullZIP and Opera? I'm not well-placed to distinguish. But good to know that, should printing from Opera fail, it's worth trying again from IE 7: many thanks for that valuable insight.

Cheers, and Christmas Greetings, -- tlvp

[PS of 1/4/2009: I've had several more instances of BullZIP being unable to print PDFs successfully from Opera web pages. As earlier, the same page prints successfully if loaded in IE7 instead. Is it worth going into conference with Opera AB to sort the problem out?

Cheers, and Happy New Year, -- tlvp ]
santana

Post by santana »

Don't mean to hijack this thread but i have a similar error.

Attached is the picture with the error generated. Browser is IE7 and have attempted to use IE6. The citrix virtual app i am trying to print from is only compatible with IE.
note* this worked months prior and ceased to work. have attempted different computers with all the same results.

If i switch the printer processor from RAW to TEXT it generates a PDF. But lines of "jibberish" is included along the top of the document as well as being incorrectly sized.

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. have attempted the latest versions of bullzip and ghostscript to no avail.