Thank! You - And Feature Request

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

MasterPDF

Thank! You - And Feature Request

Post by MasterPDF »

First let me say thank you so much for PDF Printer. I have tried numerous PDF writers, and like this one the best.

One of the things I like most about it is its stability and straight forward operation. It just does what it says and it does it very reliably. I have used others with more bells and whistles, but all of them seemed to have more problems doing the basic job of rendering a compact efficient PDF.

I like the bells and whistles, because I like to be able to customize every aspect of the PDF I create in a convenient way. But even more important is to have a solid engine creating that PDF, and that is what I have experienced with your program. You can always add the bells and whistles after you have a solid foundation... and you do!

Now that I've got you all flattered and stuff :D here is a feature request... well, it's really a request to revamp an existing feature so it works better...

When you merge a document you are printing with an existing file, it's a kind of cumbersome process right now. You have to enter the merge file path on one tab and the save file path on another.

An excellent way to handle this to make it much easier I think is to have a new dialog pop up if the save file already exists that gives you the options about what you want to do. Right now the dialog that pops up is the standard "The file exists do you want to overwrite it."

Options for the better dialog are (reword as you see fit of course):

Insert document before fist page of the existing document
Insert document after the last page of the existing document
Overwrite existing document
Insert document after page x of the existing document (cool optional option!)
Save a backup copy of the existing document (before the new document is inserted) (cool optional option in case merge eats your original -- which I have had happen more than once when saving merged file to same name file!)

What do you think? :D