File name truncated to 27 characters

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

nacatomi

File name truncated to 27 characters

Post by nacatomi »

Hi

I know this has sort of been mentioned before but is there a fix planned for this as "4862959s.prn" is being renamed to "Microsoft Word Viewer - 486.pdf" or is there a way to add custom values to strip in the <smarttitle> macro as this would also solve my problem.

Thanks in Advance
jr
Site Admin

Re: File name truncated to 27 characters

Post by jr »

Where does the "4862959s.prn" come from? There should not be a 27 char limit in the printer.

Regards,
Jacob
nacatomi

Post by nacatomi »

Hi,
the 4862959s.prn is just the filename of the document I am printing. It is just everything that is printed that uses one of the title macros the overall filename gets truncated and because I am using "Microsoft Word Viewer" to print that takes 21 characters of the pdf filename so only the first 3 characters of the origianl filename are used.. Here is a link to another post where somebody has had the same problem http://www.bullzip.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... itle#p7668
nacatomi

Post by nacatomi »

Hi,
am I going to get no reply to this question.
nacatomi

Post by nacatomi »

Hi,
any chnace of an update on this problem... I have done some more testing and have found it will allow an output filename of greater than 27 characters but any part of the filename that uses <docname> <basedocname> <title> or <smarttitle> is truncated to 27 characters.

here is an example

Printing README.doc using Microsoft Word Viewer

Bullzip filename format is set to: <personal>\<date><time><docname>.pdf

Ends up with a file in "My Documents" with the following name

09-06-0115.56.10Microsoft Word Viewer - REA.pdf

I would be happy to use a custom macro to do this myself but have been unsuccesful when trying as I don't know how to get the initial name of the file e.g. README.doc or even Microsoft Word Viewer - README.doc.

Is there anything you can do to help.

Thanks...
gem45

Post by gem45 »

"here is an example

Printing README.doc using Microsoft Word Viewer

Bullzip filename format is set to: <personal>\<date><time><docname>.pdf

Ends up with a file in "My Documents" with the following name

09-06-0115.56.10Microsoft Word Viewer - REA.pdf

I would be happy to use a custom macro to do this myself but have been unsuccesful when trying as I don't know how to get the initial name of the file e.g. README.doc or even Microsoft Word Viewer - README.doc.

I'm thinking about it now...I tried it and yes the problem is still there.. Still thinking on how to fix this...

:(

[URL=http://dossierdesurendettement.net]Dossier de surendettement[/URL]
nacatomi

Post by nacatomi »

Hi I have let a few versions go by and the problem still seems to exist.... Is there any chance you might be able to fix it because it would be very useful to me if you could. I have seen than somebody else has logged the same problem when trying to print webpages.

Thanks
nacatomi

Post by nacatomi »

I've seen there is a newer version you have released I'm going to give that a try.
Shamray

Post by Shamray »

I have no idea what to do with this problem, hope that someone try a new version and spread out here his impressions