PDF Printer printing pdf files to La-La Land

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

tylermics

PDF Printer printing pdf files to La-La Land

Post by tylermics »

Hi,

For some reason, after installing Adobe Reader XI on my Windows 8 machine, bullzip no longer prints my pdf files to the Temp file like my file path says it should. Before installing Adobe Reader XI, bullzip printed my files to the Temp folder just like I said it should. But now, I don't know where they're printing! None of my settings changed in bullzip; I only downloaded and installed Adobe Reader XI. Is there a compatibility issue with the current Free version of bullzip and Adobe Reader XI that could be making my pdf files non existent in my destination folder? They are simply not there!

Thanks!
tylermics

Re: PDF Printer printing pdf files to La-La Land

Post by tylermics »

A little more information: I am running reports in my Access database and using bullzip to print many pages to pdf files in my temp file. The path is correct and everything looks as it normally did when it was working, but once a coworker installed Adobe Reader XI, the files were/are no where to be seen after trying to "print" pdf files.
tylermics

Post by tylermics »

And now for even more information: Since I'm using Windows 8 (lol), I initially installed and was trying to use Bullzip PDF Printer in the default user profile that comes ready to use on Windows 8. However, after setting up an Administrator profile, I was able to print pdfs using Bullzip when I selected "Print" in my Access database. I'm using Access 2013. So, I am able to print from my Access db to my Temp file under the Administrator user profile on my machine.

So now I'm not sure if my issue was Adobe Reader XI or not. Now I think it is something to do with being an Administrator. However, after having set up my initial default profile and assigning it to the Administrator group, I sill CANNOT print under that profile. I CAN, however, print as an Administrator, but NOT under the initial profile which has since been placed in the Administrator group.

As a side note, I noticed that a program that came installed with my Windows 8 machine, "HP Connected Remote", was flashing an icon in the task bar whenever I tried to print pdfs using bullzip from my Access db. I figured out that it was complicating the printing process and was messing up some of my pages. Some of the information would be left out and the stats on my print-outs would be thrown off. So I uninstalled HP Connected Remote and no longer have that issue; everything prints fine (under the Administrator profile, of course).

And this is where I'm at right now: I would like to be able to use Bullzip pdf printer to print pdfs from my Access 2013 db to my Temp file. However I want to do this NOT in the Administrator role, but in the regular ol' default user profile. How do I do that?
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Got the same problem, no files to be found after printing