Out of Memory and other errors

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

mlren777

Out of Memory and other errors

Post by mlren777 »

I am generating PDFs of bank statements, some of which contain check images which can end up to be somewhat large files. What I'm finding is that the PDF creator gets too far behind in the creation process that it crashes and throws many different errors.

Is there a way to have the program wait until the previous file has been completely created before it starts on the next file?

When I'm printing hundreds or thousands of files, I end up with dozens of notifications in the task bar indicating creation is in progress and eventually the program can't keep up and crashes.

Thanks
jr
Site Admin

Re: Out of Memory and other errors

Post by jr »

You should at least wait until the runonce.ini file is removed. Please check the link below:

http://www.biopdf.com/guide/examples/batch_printing/

Another approach is to use the StatusFile setting and set a unique file name for each job and then wait for the status file to appear. That would make your program wait until the PDF creation is done.

Regards,
Jacob
mlren777

Re: Out of Memory and other errors

Post by mlren777 »

That sounds good, but unfortunately I don't have programmatic access to my application. Is there a way to launch a separate application when the printer is accessed? That way I can create a separate app utilizing the techniques you described above. If that is possible, how do I set the printer up to run that app each time I print to it?

Also, based on your response, it sounds like there is no way to do this in the GUI settings for the printer. Is that correct?

Thanks