Possible bug report in Access to PostgreSQL

General usage of Access to MySQL

Moderator: jr

gaspare.sganga

Possible bug report in Access to PostgreSQL

Post by gaspare.sganga »

Greetings,
first of all I would like to give you my congratulations for those great piece of software you are providing, really!

I've just downloaded Access to PostgreSQL and I'm doing some tests, it seems great but I'm having troubles with floating point NOT NULL fields: when I try to move a table containing a floating point field with NOT NULL option, the program raises an error (apparently it uses both NULL/NOT NULL keywords).

Here is a quick way to check this behaviour:
- Create a new mdb file, and run this query to create a table with 2 floating point fields, one of them (bad_field) with NOT NULL option:

CREATE TABLE test_table (good_field Double, bad_field Double NOT NULL);

Now try to move this table with Access to PostgreSQL and you will get an error and this output:
TABLES
------------
- Creating 'test_table' failed
- SQL: CREATE TABLE "test_table" ( "good_field" DOUBLE PRECISION NULL, "bad_field" DOUBLE PRECISION NULL NOT NULL)
- Error: -2147467259 (80004005) ERROR: conflicting NULL/NOT NULL declarations for column "bad_field" of table "test_table";
Error while executing the query
- 0 records moved

I hope you can give me a fix for this, because I completely fell in love with this little handy software, I'm already digging it and I would like to stick with it!
Thank you,
Gaspare