smarttitle works differently in IE8 and Opera 10

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

Ricardo

smarttitle works differently in IE8 and Opera 10

Post by Ricardo »

I'm using Bullzip PDF Printer 6.0.865, Windows XP SP3 and IE8 and Opera 10.0.0 Beta.

The <smarttitle> macro seems to work differently in IE8 and Opera 10 for setting the output filename (for multiple JPEGs in my case, one per page).

I'm using Bullzip PDF Printer to print web-pages to a set of JPEGs, one per page. As a test, I've been trying to print web-pages like this one from the BBC News website, and get Bullzip to set the name correctly...

"Mobile app sees science go global"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8258501.stm

In the Options program, my output filename setting is set to...

<desktop>\<smarttitle> <title> <pageno,3>.jpg

When printing web-pages with Internet Explorer 8, the <smarttitle> macro produces a filename based on the URL, not the title, so when I actually print, this full pathname pops up in the dialog, using the URL, not title...

C:\Documents and Settings\Rich\My Documents\news.bbc.co.uk - 8258501 8258501 <pageno,3>.jpg

If I do the same in Opera 10, this pops up as the filename, based on the HTML web-page TITLE...

C:\Documents and Settings\Rich\My Documents\BBC NEWS _ Science & Environment _ Mobile app sees science go global BBC NEWS _ Science & Environment _ Mobile app sees science go global <pageno,3>.jpg

(the <pageno,3> is just to give me auto-numbered JPEG pages, padded with zeroes 001, 002, etc, and the folder is just the 'last folder used')

There's nothing unusual about the web-page, as far as I can see. If I View Source, it contains...

<title>BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | Mobile app sees science go global</title>

It may be a bug in IE8 reporting it's Properties or in Bullzip, or perhaps my options settings are wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.