PDF GUI error

General usage of the PDF Printer.

Moderator: jr

jonazo

PDF GUI error

Post by jonazo »

I am using Windows 7, and have not been able to use Bullzip on this machine. When I try, I get the following error message:

PDF GUI
Run-time error: '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Error running macro: OnError
The operation could not be completed because the script engine has not been initialized to a valid language.

Any advice on how to initialise the script engine to a valid language (if that is indeed the underlying error)?
jr
Site Admin

Re: PDF GUI error

Post by jr »

It looks like your access to the scripting engine is blocked on your system.

/Jacob
mrcattleman

Post by mrcattleman »

I recently started experiencing the exact same error. Were you able to discover what was causing the problem or how to fix it? I've been forced to download another pdf printer which I don't like nearly as much as BullZip.
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

I think that I have finally found the source of this problem :-)

I looks like an earlier version of McAfee created this problem when uninstalling itself. Many users have uninstalled the McAfee software since it came preinstalled on their computers. During the uninstall the software should restore all the registry keys that controls the scripting part of the operating system. However, that was not the case. It seems that they left a reference to their script scanner hanging after a successful uninstall. That means that the system is now pointing to a DLL that is no longer on the computer. You can read about a related case from McAfee at the link below.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/110147

It seems that running the referenced MCRP.EXE tool will fix the problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck
Jacob

keywords: vbscript.dll, msscript.ocx,
related error: "Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)'; Error running macro: OnError. The operation could not be completed because the script engine has not been initialized to a valid language"
GuanoGerbil

Post by GuanoGerbil »

Thanks for the link Jacob. I gave it a go, but I'm still getting the same error message as before whenever I try to print to Bullzip.
I'm using Visual Basic 5 and Vista.
Any other non tech suggestions I could try?

Thanks,
GG
GuanoGerbil

Post by GuanoGerbil »

Having the same error message as Jonazo, and a recently expired McAfee subscription, I tried your link Jacob. After following the steps, I am still getting the same error message.
I've tried downloading the latest version of Bullzip, but still no help. I'm using Vista.
I've had to resort to using a different PDF printer which has solved the problem. Would prefer to use Bullzip though if there is any other solution?