I too am receiving the error The arguments are invalid

Installation and setup related issues.

Moderator: jr

boaron

I too am receiving the error The arguments are invalid

Post by boaron »

Hi,

I am trying to install Bullzip on my Win 2003 standard server and I keep getting the error "The areguments are invalid" I saw the other posts but I did not see a solution for me. I have tried versions 3_0_0_352 and 4_0_0_432 with the same results. I have a feeling its some service I have running on the server just not sure which one to stop. The server acts as a Terminal Server among other services.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Regards,
Ron
:roll: [/b]
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

Please run the setup program with the /LOG=C:\mylog.log as parameter and post the log here.

Regards,
Jacob
boaron

Post by boaron »

jr,
Thank you for the reply. Last night I was working on a different issue and found the spoolersvc running at 50%. No one was on the server. I found that odd, so I stopped the service and noticed a depencency it was Dell printer status watcher. I don't know what caused the service to run on like that so I disabled the Dell status service. I restarted the spooler and everything is normal. I did restart the server again later that evening and the spoolersvc was again running at 50%+. I did another restart and it did not run at 50%. I ran a full scan with Symantec and Kaspersky and did not find anything. So, I will need to see if someting is in the startup files. However, after manually stoping the spoolersvc the install went without a hitch. Very nice indeed.

If someone is still having trouble have them look at task manager, processes to see if spoolsvc is running at 50%. Have them stop then start it and check the task manager, process again.

Thank you for a great product!
Cheers
Ron :P
jr
Site Admin

Post by jr »

I'm glad you found a solution for the problem. If the spooler cannot be stopped then the setup program doesn't have chance to do it's work.

Best Regards,
Jacob